Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Courage

Two rabbis are trying by every possible means to bring spiritual comfort to Jews in Nazi Germany. For a whole year, though scared to death, they deceive the Gestapo (the secret police) and perform religious ceremonies in various communities.

They are finally arrested. One of them, terrified at what could happen from then on, does not stop praying. The other spends the whole day sleeping.

“Why do you sleep?” asks the fearful rabbi. “Aren’t you afraid? Don’t you realize what can happen to us?”

“I was afraid up to the moment we were arrested. Now that I’m imprisoned, what good does it do to be afraid? The time for fear is over; now it’s time for courage to face our fate.”




Ps: I wonder, is fate really there? It is sealed? We can't change it? humm..then maybe we should do nothing and let fate take us where it is going to take us anyway? ...Wrong way to look at it !?!?

I understand fear....I think i understand courage too....I don't understand fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...